Monday 27 July 2009

True Faith.

Monday, 27 July 09

It's Monday morning and after missing yesterday's blog due to a very hectic weekend it's back to normal for me again. It would appear that while I spent 24 hours away from the world of Arsenal that a little bit of news cropped up for me to talk about. This makes a pleasent change from what we had at the end of last week when there was nothing at all to talk about.

First of all we have had to listen to Usmanov's monkey telling us that the club were wrong to sell Adebayor and especially to City as they are a big rival in the chase for 4th spot. Is this what it has come to that our ambition is to finish 4th. I don't think so and I hope not because with none of our rivals stronger, indeed some of them are weaker, this season we should be challenging for the league in my opinion. He also claimed that we have never replaced David Dein properly which is probably ignoring the job that Gazidis is doing at the club at the moment. On transfers he claimed that we won't spend any more money unless it is reinvesting the money we got for Adebayor. I seem to remember that we got £25 million for him and with the possible sales of 2 or 3 more players that could leave the manager with up to £50 million to spend. If that was to be reinvested in the squad I think we could get 2 top class players in the positions that we need them. A little bit of faith in the boss would go a long way at the moment.

William Hill offers the best odds to bet on football


The players that may be on the way out are Kolo & Eboue and of course Senderos is for sale too. I don't know if we have had bids for Senderos yet but I think if we offered him and £10 million to Fulham we would have a good chance of landing Hangeland. The rumours are persisting about Kolo joining Man City and there does seem to be something to them. If we allow City to talk to the player it is a sign we are willing to sell which is a big turnaround since last January when we told City they could not have him. With Fiorentina supposedly chasing Eboue we could find ourselves with no players departing to the African Cup of Nations with the exception of Song. A lot of doom merchants have been predicting the demise of our league status come next January but if we have bought another central midfielder we probably won't have any first team regulars over there anyway. In fact if Kolo, Eboue and Senderos were to leave it would weaken our defensive reserves only as none of them are first team starters in my opinion at this stage. If we could just get rid of Silvestre too it would be a great bit of business. We would have to buy Hangeland as I said and with Vermaelen, Gallas & Djourou available it would leave us with plenty of options at centre back with Song as back up in an emergency. I always said Gallas was at his best alongside a ball winning centre back and Vermaelen fits that bill as would Hangeland too. However it would mean that we would need a back up for Sagna if we sold Eboue and that might cause a problem or two as Sagna had a few niggling injuries last season after his bad injury against Chelsea near the end of the previous season.

Young Carlos Vela played a pivotal role in Mexico's 5-0 demolition of the U.S.A. team in the Gold Cup final yesterday. He came on at half time with the scores at 0-0 and he proceded to score a very good goal as he clipped the ball over an advancing keeper in typical fashion. He also managed a couple of assists and hopefully we can get him back now and integrate him into the team as soon as possible. He's a player I believe should have had a lot more game time last season and I really hope he gets it this season. He's fast, tricky, intelligent and he can finish expertly in a one on one situation with the keeper.

The rumours linking Vieira with The Spuds just won't go away either and as I have said before I really hope that he doesn't join them. He was and is a true Arsenal legend and there must be some other club he can join instead of our closest rivals. When I say closest rivals I obviously mean proximity in mileage as they are nowhere near us in terms of footballing ability or history or even trophies won. I think he would enjoy playing the last few years of his career in French football so I hope that a French team can tempt him back home.

I missed out on reporting the comments from Clichy over the weekend but what he seemed to be saying is that some players only join certain clubs for the maoney. I wonder if that was a dig at a certain big mouthed former team mate of his who is encouraging his new club to chase Kolo. As I said earlier I could take Kolo joining City if we reinvest the money along with the money from other sales. Speaking of Adebayor it was interesting to hear Sir Shit's His Pants A Lot saying that he had tried to get Manure & Chelsea to buy him after he had agreed terms with City. There was a delay of a few days as Adebayor supposedly considered how it would go down in Africa if their player of the year left one of the top clubs in the world to join Man City but the rumour at the time was taht he wanted Chelsea to buy him and this would give some backing to that rumour.

Finally for today we have a match tonight against a team called Szombathelyi H who I have never heard of before so I expect us to thump them before we play Hannover 96 on Wednesday. The kick off is at 6pm and it's live on the Arsenal TV online for any of you that have it. Eduardo should be playing tonight and I'll have my fingers crossed that everything goes well for him as I think we will really need his goal scoring ability this season. I'm sure we'll see some other players making their first appearence of pre season too. If you can't watch the game I'm sure you can follow it on Lady Arse's twitter which she tends to update on almost a shot by shot basis during matches.

Here's Carlos Vela playing in the Gold Cup Final for Mexico.

LINK

And to finish today's title track from New Order. It comes from the faith we have to show in our boss at the moment as the new season draws closer.

LINK

See You Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment