Friday 13 March 2020

Arsenal’s Season In Turmoil As Mikel Arteta Contracts Covid-19

Arsenal released a statement last night that came as a shock as they told us Mikel Arteta has contracted Covid-19 and has gone into self isolation for two weeks. As a result anyone who has come into contact with him recently has had to go into self isolation too as a precaution. That means the entire first team squad are unavailable for the next 10 days as it started from their last contact with him which was apparently on Tuesday.

As I write this the Chelsea squad have followed suit as Callum Hudson-Odoi has been diagnosed too and some players from Manchester City and Leicester have had to go into self isolation after coming into contact with people with Covid-19. As a bare minimum both Arsenal and Chelsea have to call off all of their games for the next two weeks, but that’s only the start of it and the Premier League have to act now. Even when the players end their self isolation they won’t be match fit and realistically both clubs games should be off for a minimum of a month. The Premier League will meet this morning and indefinite suspension of the season is the only sensible decision they can make, but they have never been known for making sensible decisions.

Arteta is a young and fit man and the chances are he will make a full recovery, but our thoughts are still with him and his family. With so little known about this virus in reality we don’t know the effects of him having it, but if there’s a 14 day isolation period that probably means anyone who has come in contact with him in the last two weeks is at risk. Think of the games Arsenal played in that time and the hands of managers, coaches, referees, assistant referees and so on that he shook and you get an idea of how much it could have spread from just him.

Do all of those people have to go into self isolation and then what about the fans who held their hands out as he walked to and from the dressing room looking for a high five. Juergen Klopp (which just autocorrected as Koala) showed what he thought of Liverpool fans trying to do just that on Wednesday night. There can be no argument for continuing as normal when you see what is happening elsewhere.

I came to work this morning (I still have to earn a living) and I have never seen so few people on my mode of public transport. Even in the height of the summer holidays there isn’t a seat to be had, but this morning there were seats aplenty as Ireland brought in it’s first measures to deal with the virus. I have no doubt the measures will gradually be upgraded and it’s difficult not to be at least a little concerned.

From an Arsenal perspective it looks like the season will be put on hold until the all clear or something near it is given, but who knows when that will be. Euro 2020 will probably be put back to next year and the season will resume and finish some time in the summer. What that means for players whose contracts end on June 30th is an entirely different matter and one that will have to be dealt with if and when it happens.

For the moment though all we can do is wait and see what happens and wish Mikel Arteta a full recovery. We’re in uncharted territory and we really don’t know where there is going, but it’s not looking like we’re going to get off easy.

That’s it for today.

See you tomorrow.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I am Theresa Williams After being in relationship with Anderson for years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem. His email: {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com} you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case.
    1) Love Spells
    2) Lost Love Spells
    3) Divorce Spells
    4) Marriage Spells
    5) Binding Spells
    6) Breakup Spells
    7) Death spell
    8.) You want to be promoted in your office
    9) want to satisfy your lover 
    10) Lottery
    Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
    through {drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com}

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is my testimony about the good work of Dr voodoo who help me.... I'm Katherine from London. And am sorry for putting this on net but i will have to by this world top spell caster that brought back my husband which left me out for past 3 years, i eventually met this man on a blog site posting by one of is client for help, i explained everything to him and he told me about a spell caster that he had heard about and he gave me an email address to write to the spell caster to tell him my problems. In just 2 days, my husband was back to me. I just want to say thank you to this truthful and sincere spell caster, sir all you told have come to pass and thank you sir. Please i want to tell everyone who is looking for any solution to problem, i advice you to kindly consult this spell caster, he is real,he is powerful and whatever the spell caster tell is what will happen, because all what the spell caster told me came to pass. You can kindly contact him on: his email address is voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com you can also add Dr.voodoo on whatsApp +2348140120719 contact him immediately.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm Sandra form, USA After 7years of marriage, me and my husband has been into one quarrel or the other until he finally left me and moved to California last month to be with another woman, I felt my life was over and my kids thought they would never see their father again, i tried to be strong just for the kids but i could not control the pains that torments my heart every night, my heart was filled with sorrows and pains because i was really in love with my husband, Every time i think of him and always wish he would come back to me, I was really upset and i needed help, so i searched for help online and I came across a website that suggested that Dr Fayosa can help get ex back fast So, I felt I should give him a try, I contacted him and he told me what to do and i did it all then he did a Love spell for me, 48hours later just as Dr Fayosa said my husband called me and told me that he miss me and the kids so much, So Amazing that he said he will come back home the next day, with lots of love and joy and he apologized for his mistake and for the pain he caused me and the kids, Then from that day our Marriage was now stronger than how it were before, All thanks to Dr Fayosa he is so powerful and i decided to share my story on the internet that Dr Fayosa is real powerful spell caster who i will always pray to live long to help his children in the time of trouble, if you are here and you need your Ex back or your husband moved to another woman, do not cry anymore, contact this powerful spell caster now Here’s his contact Text or call Dr Fayosa With (Fayosasolusionhome@gmail.com) or directly on whatssapp +2348151918774, thank you so much Dr Fayosa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Friends i am so glad to writing this article today to tell the world how Dr voodoo cured my HSV VIRUS,i have been detected with HSV-1 AND HSV-2 since five years ago, ever since then my life has been in complete bizarre and agony,i have used so many drugs that was prescribed to me by several doctors,but it didn't cure my HSV VIRUS neither did it reduce the pain,until a certain i was checking for solution in the internet,then miraculously came across Dr voodoo the powerful herbalist that cure numerous individuals HSV-1 AND HSV-2 INFECTION,then i contacted his whatsApp number at +2348140120719 or email: voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com i explained everything to him and prepared a cure that cure my HSV-1 AND HSV-2 disease totally after receiving his herbal medicine, so my friends viewers why wait and be suffer when there is someone like Dr voodoo that can cure any disease HIV/ CANCER/ HEPATITIS B VIRUS, you can contact his via : voodoospelltemple66@gmail.com or WHATSAPP +2348140120719

    ReplyDelete