Monday 15 February 2010

Climbing Up The Walls.

Monday, 15 February 10

After a very quiet footballing weekend things should be back in full swing by tomorrow night when the Champions league is up and running again and there's a couple of midweek Premier league games too. Man City will be playing one of their games in hand tomorrow night as they travel to Stoke and they have an FA Cup replay away to them next week as well. Their fixtures are really starting to build up at the moment and we will see if their squad is as strong as they think it is. If they manage to overcome Stoke in the FA Cup they face a trip to Chelsea in the last 8 as the draw continues to favour the holders of the trophy. If their new owners want a trophy this season their only chance is the FA Cup and it will be interesting to see how seriously they take it with 4th place in the league also very much in their sights.

From an Arsenal perspective there still is very little news to report but it would seem that the link I gave to the possible new jersey for next season was not real which doesn't surprise me at all as it's probably a bit early to see what next season's kit will look like. It's interesting to talk about it though and see how other people feel about proposed changes to our traditional kit. Ahead of the match on Wednesday night there is still no official confirmation on the injuries to Arshavin and Song and whether they will be available to play or not but we can only keep our fingers crossed that Song at least makes it ti keep my favoured starting midfield 3 together. The boss did say last week that Eduardo should be back for this game and his very small hamstring injury has taken a little longer than expected to heal but after all his troubles that's to be expected I suppose. Our Ladies beat Doncster 5-0 in the Ladies FA Cup as they continue their very good season. Their Champions league campaign resumes in March with a quarter final tie against Duisburg and they are now 4 points behind the league leaders with 6 games in hand. Their crucial league game will be against Everton in April as Everton have dropped the same amount of points as them so far this season and ran them soclose last season.

I won't get a chance to see the match on Wednesday night as I'll be working until 9 that night and I won't be home until 10 but I'm sure I'll catch the highlights on Sky right afterwards and I'll be keeping track of the score on my computer in work and on my phone as I travel home. My blogging should return to a more normal time schedule very soon as the part I need to get my laptop working again is in transit since last Wednesday and hopefully it should be delivered today if the kids can get out of bed to answer the door to the postman during their mid term break. That's it for today.

Here's a clip of Arshavin on Soccer AM talking about his team mates.

And to finish today's title track from Radiohead. I am climbing up the walls waiting for my laptop issue to be sorted and with all the work I'm doing at the moment.

See You Tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment